WARNER, Henry Hull

1862 - 1944

Born at Wanstead, Essex on 28 November 1862, son of Henry Warner, a railway plant contractor, and his wife Elizabeth Jane née Hull, who married at Uxbridge, London in 1861 and in 1871 the family were living at Woodlands, High Street, Broxbourne, Hoddeston, Hertfordshire. He married at Whitechapel, London in 1890, Mary Anne Lewin. A wholesale stationer's traveller and an amateur painter and a member of the Ipswich Art Club 1928-1930 and exhibited from 16 Westway, Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire in 1927 three oils 'Beside the Still Waters', 'Above Penally' and 'The Mawddach Estuary' and in 1929 four pictures including 'A Sussex Dew Pond'. In 1939 'retired' living at 13 Beulah Road, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent with a Irene M H Warner (born 16 November 1886) née Brewer, who he married in 1940. Henry died at Tunbridge Wells in 1944.