BOND, Mrs Florence

1861 - 1914

As Florence Turner she was born at St Mary Elms, Ipswich in 1861, daughter of Walton Turner (1811-1904), leather merchant, and his wife Mary Ann née Pierson (1822-1874), who married at Framlingham, Suffolk on 16 April 1846. As Miss F. Turner a member of the Ipswich Fine Art Club 1883-1886 and exhibited from St Mary Elms, Ipswich in 1883 'Alnesbourne Priory', which seems to have been her only showing before her marriage. Florence married at St Mary Elms church on 12 January 1887, Bernard Bond (1858-1933), also a leather merchant and they moved to Wysteria House, Runcton Street, Bramford, near Ipswich, Suffolk. As Mrs. B. Bond a member of the Ipswich Fine Art Club 1887-1890 from Wysteria House, Bramford. After 1891 they moved to Saffron Walden, Essex and in 1900 to Harcombe House, Ropley, Alresford, Hampshire where in 1911 she was living with her 53 year old husband 'on private means' with their four daughters, Violet Marjorie 23, born at Bramford, Christine Emblyn 17 and Beatrice, both born at Saffron Walden, and Mildred Louise, born at Ropley, and kept six indoor servants, including a masseuse and a trained nurse. She died at Ropley, Alresford in 1914.