DAVIS, Frederick Victor Coulson

1891 - 1965

Born on 28 December 1891 and baptised at West Ham, Essex on 13 March 1892, son of Frederick John Davis and his wife Alice née Gosden, who married at West Ham in 1891. He was later known at Coulson-Davis. Frederick studied at South Kensington and the Royal College of Arts. He exhibited at the Royal Academy in 1914 from 46 Penge Road, Upton Park, Essex and was a member of the Ipswich Art Club 1926-1933 and in 1927 exhibited from 21 The Avenue, Colchester, Essex, three oils 'Duttons Court, Norwich', 'An Essex Barn' and 'Britons Arms, Norwich', and two pencil drawings 'Nayland Church, Suffolk' and 'Church of St George, Norwich' and 1929 had moved down the road to 15 The Avenue from where he exhibited five watercolours 'Dutton Court, Norwich', 'Old Houses, Rouen', 'Langham Mill', End of the Fair' and 'A Chemical Factory'. He married firstly, at Kensington, London in 1921, Evelyn Irene Mullens (2 October 1896-1959) and in 1939, the head of Industrial Art School, living at 11 Pyrland Road, Richmond, Surrey with his wife Evelyn, and married secondly at Richmond in 1960, Joan Joyce Jones (1921-1973). He died at Richmond-on-Thames, Surrey in 1965, aged 73.




Works by This Painter