ROBINSON, Mary

1909 - 1961

Born at Denholme, Bradford on 20 December 1909, daughter of Ewart Robinson (26 February 1887-1946), a farmer, and his wife Fanny Emily née Murgatroyd (3 April 1880-1943), who married at Keighley, Yorkshire in 1909 and in 1939 Ewart was a felt refiner & glue maker living at 23 Finborough Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk with his wife Fanny and daughter Mary, a clerk commercial air raid warden. In 1911, a 1 year old living at Clough Farm, Upper Shaw, Denholme, Yorkshire with her parents, 24 year old Ewart and 30 year old Fanny. By 1925 they had moved to 'Glenfarg' 25 Finborough Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk. A member of the Ipswich Art Club 1927-1937 exhibiting from Glenfarge, Finborough Road in 1927 an oil portrait 'G. J. Conford, Esq. M.A.' and a watercolour 'The Black Boy, West Wycombe Village' and from Milton Road, Stowmarket in 1932 'Margaret' and 'Dartmoor'. Mary married at Stowmarket in 1955, Charles Wilgress Miller (1906-1982) and she died in the Gipping district of Suffolk in 1961, leaving one son.