SCARFF, Kenneth Charles

1908 - 1987

Born at Colchester, Essex on 12 April 1908, son of Charles Thomas Henry Scarff (19 June 1874-1958), a brewer's clerk, and his wife Marie Trequair née Cotcher (17 March 1875-1979), who married at Colchester in 1905 and in 1939 were living at 21 Abbey Gate Street, Colchester. In 1911, a 3 year old living at 7 Beaconsfield Road, Colchester with his parents, 37 year old Charles and 35 year old Marie and his 5 year old sister Iris Beryl. In 1939 an architect & surveyor living at 21 Abbey Gate Street, Colchester with his parents and later an architect in the Felixstowe area and a member of the Ipswich Art Club from 1955 until his death, exhibiting watercolours from 6 South Hill, Felixstowe, Suffolk in 1956 'Grove at Candlett Farm', in 1957 'Suffolk Farm House' and in 1958 'Edge of the Woods'. He died at Trimley St Mary, Suffolk in 1987, he was unmarried. His watercolour 'Searson`s Farm, Trimley St Mary, Nr Felixstowe, Suffolk' was sold at Sworders, Stansted Mountfitchet Salerooms, Essex in 2013. His drawings and photographs 1920-1955 are held at Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich (HG 405).