BARRY, Mrs C E

? - ?

Mrs C. E. Barry was a member of the Ipswich Art Club in 1890 when she exhibited from Washington, D.C. 'On the Common, Southwold'.

The Barry family has been in Yale since the days of the 1858 Gold Rush. They have been storekeepers for generations and during the 1930s to 50s they owned and operated the local 'Red & White Store', and are still running 'Barry's Trading Post'. Adjoining the present market is the newest old store, a little Panabode log building where everyone in the area shopped for all their needs. Built in 1954 after the old Red & White burned down, for the past twenty-odd years it has been used for storage.