GOOD, John William

1907 - 1983

Born at Gillingham, Kent on 28 August 1907, son of Charles Frederick Good, a shipwright, and his wife, Edith Maud née James, who married at Gillingham in 1904. In 1911, a 2 year old living at 9 Hamilton Road, Gillingham with his parents, 31 year old Charles, born Harwich and 29 year old Edith, born Dovercourt, both in Essex, with his elder brother, 5 year old Charles. In 1939 an unmarried patient in Branch Of Royal Eastern Counties Institution, Turner Village, Colchester, Essex. An associate member of the Ipswich Art Club 1954-1963 and exhibited from 37 Lattice Avenue, Ipswich in 1953, three watercolours 'Tuddenham Bridge', 'Rushmere St Andrew' and 'Looking Down Lady Street, Lavenham'; in 1954 'Monks Eleigh'; in 1955 'Chappel, Essex'; in 1960, a watercolour 'Marsh Cottage' and finally in 1961 'The Tide Mill'. He died at Colchester, Essex in 1983.