EDWARDS, Louisa Maria

1856 - 1951

Born at Moffat, Dumfries, Scotland on 26 August 1856, daughter of Revd John George Edwards (1822-1862), vicar of Pittingdon, Co. Durham and his wife Frederica Louisa nťe Powles (1832-1905), who was born at Upper Clapton, London and married at Hackney in 1854. In 1871 Frederica was a widow living at 47 Crown Street, Bury St Edmundís with four children plus her 32 year old unmarried sister Fanny Powles. A sister to Antonetta Edwards [q.v.], Louisa exhibited at Ipswich Fine Art Club in 1885, from 47 Crown Street, Bury St Edmundís and was commended for her oil 'Norman Tower' at the Bury & Suffolk Fine Art Society exhibition held in the Town Hall, Bury St Edmund's in 1883. In 1901 Frederica, with daughters Louisa and Antonetta, who were unmarried, had moved next door to 49 Crown Street. In 1911 Louisa and her sister Anonetta were living at 26 Churchyard, Bury St Edmundís. In 1939 In 1939 living at 2 Abbey Ruins, Bury St Edmunds with her younger sister Antonetta [q.v.] and where she died in 1951, aged 95, she was unmarried.