HILL, Bridget Copinger

1913 - 1986

Born at Buxhall, Stow, Suffolk on 25 September 1913, twin sister with Rhoisa (1913-1987), daughters of Charles Copinger Hill (1869-1936), a poultry farmer, and his wife Ethel Mary Geraldine née Wolfe (12 March 1881-1954), who married at Buxhall in 1912. In 1939 she was living at Park House South Entrance, Saxmundham, Suffolk with her widowed mother Ethel and sibling Rhoisa. Bridget exhibited from Park House at the Ipswich Art Club in 1932 one work 'Mannequins', in 1933 an unfinished charcoal sketch of a Boy's Head, in 1935 an oil 'Portrait,and in 1941 two works 'Miss Stella Copper Wheat' and 'Peasant from Plitvicte Lakes'. An archaeologist who, together with her sister, helped with the excavations at Sutton Hoo, Woodbridge. She died at Saxmundham on 6 February 1986, she was unmarried.