BULL, Margaret

1711 - 1791

As Margaret Frary, she was baptised at Lowestoft, Suffolk on 2 September 1711, daughter of John Frary (born 1672) and his wife Elizabeth née Arnold, who married at Lowestoft on 24 June 1698. She married at Lowestoft on 2 May May 1734, William Bull and painted under the name of Margaret Bull, witnesses to the marriage licence were Edmund Gillingwater, the local barber and historian, and Elizabeth Mewse. In the Seago collection sale of Lowestoft porcelain in 1874 were 'figures were painted by Mrs Bull'. Elizabeth was buried at St Margaret's, Lowestoft on 7 February 1791, aged 79. http://www.rgreen.org.uk