ROBINSON, Helen Dora

1888 - 1971

Born at Higham Green, Gazeley, Suffolk on 28 February and baptised at St Stephen, Higham Green on 1 April 1888, daughter of Revd William Robinson, vicar of Higham, and his wife Dora Harriet née Oldfield (3 September 1860-1947), who married at Stourbridge, Worcestershire in 1882. In 1891, a 3 year old living at the Vicarage, Lower Green, Gazeley with her parents, 38 year old William and 30 year old Dora, with two sibling brothers, Cyril Edward 7 and Justin Quinton 6 and they retained three indoor servants but by 1901 had moved to The Rectory, Brushford, Eggesford, Crediton, Devon. Helen studied at Byam Shaw and the Vicat School of Art. Painter in watercolour and tempera, black & white artist and wood engraver, she exhibited at the Royal Academy; New English Art Club and Goupil Gallery. Her addres in 1927 was Packers Close, Donnington, Newbury, Berkshire and in 1939 an artist living in St Swithin's Street, Winchester with her widowed mother. She died at Newbury in 1971, she was unmarried.