FULLER, Hugh William Frank

1933 - 2017

Born at West Ham, Essex in February 1933, his mother's maiden name was Smith. Educated at Bradfield College 1946-1950 and a fourth generation builder in a family business in London, a firm founded by a carpenter forebear who moved from Woodbridge to London in the 1870s. The company completed numerous commissions on listed buildings, replacing an Inigo Jones gateway to St Paul's Covent Garden and working on Wren churches including All Hallows London Wall and St Giles Cripplegate. He married at Northwich, Cheshire in 1956 Ann Fuller, who ran Ann Fuller Designs which employed over 60 outworkers producing novelty gifts. After handing the running of his building company to his son, the Fuller's moved to Southwold, Suffolk in 1997, restoring their home 'Ginger Cottage' on South Green, Southwold. In 2003 Hugh produced a montage of historic Southwold houses which was reproduced on a fund-raising mug for the town museum. They also hand-made Christmas cards which include views of Southwold. Hugh died on 23 January 2017, aged 83.




Works by This Painter