SCOTT, Ernest Cecil

1904 - 1975

Born at 41 Guildhall Street, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk on 3 February 1904, eldest child of Ernest Frederick Scott, cycle mechanic, and his wife Lillie Jane née McMinnies, who married at Bury St Edmunds in 1902. As Cecil Scott, in 1911 a 7 year old living at Guildhall Street, Bury St Edmunds with his parents, 28 year old Ernest and 32 year old Lillie, with three siblings, Albert 5, Pansy 2 and newly born Leonard. As E Cecil Scott, he exhibited at the Ipswich Fine Art Club in 1923 'A Lane in Norwich' and 'Study of a Girl's Head' and his picture of Parham Old Hall, near Framlingham is currently housed in the Lanman Museum in Framlingham Castle, Suffolk. A partner in Scott and Johnson Architects of Cornhill, Bury St Edmunds who designed the new Hawstead House, near Bury St Edmunds in 1939. In 1939 an unmarried architect living at 8 Highbury Crescent, Bury St Edmunds with his widowed mother Lillie J. (4 August 1868-1955) and two others. He died at Bury St Edmunds in 1975, he was unmarried.







Works by This Painter